Tenant Screening, the Single Most Important Part of Filling Vacancies + Retaining Quality Tenants
As an RHA member you have access to your very own tenant screening company right at your fingertips. We are a full service resident screening and credit reporting company and our tenant screening products are one of the most widely used services here at RHA. We believe RHA offers the best product at a very competitive price. Our staff is available to assist you with processing and interpreting tenant screening reports Monday through Friday. Plus, RHA tenant screening users have the option to order their tenant screening reports online – allowing 24 / 7 access to screening applicants.
You must have an active RHA Membership; RHA tenant screening services are only available to active RHA Regular, Dual and Property Management members.
Do you want credit information included in your tenant screening report? Credit information is just one piece of the puzzle when it comes to deciphering prospective tenants qualifications, but it is an important one for many landlords. RHA offers credit reports in addition to several other screening products so that you can decide what best suits your tenant screening needs.
- RHA Full Credit Reports
Provides you with an easy to read credit report that gives you the crucial information you need to make your decision.
- Additional Tenant Screening Products
In order to provide you with a thorough investigation so that you may make an informed leasing decision, RHA offers various report packages as well as a-la-cart products to choose from.
Tools You Need to Responsibly Screen Your Applicants
Ease of use is important to us; RHA is able to accept your tenant screening request the following ways:
Use the Right Tools
Before you begin the tenant screening process it is important to become educated on both federal and state regulations pertaining to tenant screening requirements. Part of the responsibility of processing your applications for tenancy is to ensure you have access to the fundamental resources needed to make sure you are in compliance with the law – RHA can help you with that.
A Few Things to Remember
Here are some things you need to know before you start the tenant screening process:
- Show your prospective tenant your tenant screening criteria / guidelines – REQUIRED
- Make sure you have received a signed Application for Tenancy from your applicant – REQUIRED
- Verify that the information on the application is legible and correct so your report is accurate – if a report needs to be processed again, additional fees may apply.
- Payments must be received from members – RHA does not accept payment from applicants unless you are using the OnTap application.
- For members who screen less than 60 applicants a year; RHA asks for payment upon time of order.